Can you guess which possible candidate candidate in the Senatorial bi-election:
1) Attended a signing ceremony (and no doubt meal, and overnight stay) for a Protocol Agreement between Jersey and the Department de la Manche in Paris - after he had lost his seat in the Senatorial Elections. One of the "Yes Minister" small "pared to the bone" contingent that went.
2) Went to the Commonwealth Games in Australia and apparently justified the trip on the grounds that it tied in with looking into the feasibility on sending Jersey students to study in Australia and New Zealand because the course fees were cheaper than the UK - but not the £2,000 per annum air travel costs.
3) Spoke up for free parking for the States.
4) Spoke up for longer lunch hours between States sittings
5) Tried to suppress the complete version of the Kathy Bull report being given to the JEP. No doubt "edited" highlights would have been released later.
6) Managed to get extra funding for free places in States nurseries for parents during the summer just before the election. And virtually led to the demise of private nursery care, which couldn't compete any longer, and was providing a service at much less cost to the tax payer.
7) Told me that if fireworks let off at random (in November) were extremely distressing to my autistic son, then I should ring the Constable or the Deputies because he was now a Senator. And there I was thinking that Senators had an Island wide mandate!
And no, I won't be voting for him.
Sandra Buckley - Skydive Jersey - April and May 2018 - Sandra's Skydive started on 22 April 2018 with training and preparation at the Jersey Aero Club HQ but the jump was called off due to low cloud/mist... Th...
21 hours ago