Sunday 6 January 2019

New Year Resolutions















“The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul and a new nose; new feet, a new backbone, new ears, and new eyes. Unless a particular man made New Year resolutions, he would make no resolutions. Unless a man starts afresh about things, he will certainly do nothing effective.” (GK Chesterton)

Are you making any New Year resolutions? I have just one, which is to spend more time on other projects, and less on the blog. A nasty bug laid me rather low over the holidays, but also gave me a break from the blog and time to have some reflections on how best to use my time.

Rather than trying to find something to say every day, I will restrict myself to probably just one or maybe two postings during the week.

The exception will be the Friday history blog which will still continue in its present format - taking older historical material, scanning, putting it through OCR software, and then correcting by hand. Saturday's will still be a Saturday poem, and Sunday will be an occasional post.

I will also be trying to spend more time exercising and lose more weight to keep my doctor happy!

There will still be blogs commenting on local politics, but not perhaps as many.

No comments: