Thursday 1 October 2020

In Memoriam

Annie would have been 59 today. And in memory of her, some photos and one of her poems.I still miss her. The hurt has faded from 2009, but now I see more of her smiling face, and recollect the good times, from that misty day when we met to our first kiss. I also remember how she was breathless, struggling to climb stairs, and yet this was another invisible illness, that other people could not often see. And how suddenly the end came, with a phone call, after I had spoken to her only the previous night. And also how much she changed me, hopefully for the better, although not with tidiness, where she despaired, even though now as then I do try! I remember a windy day on Beauport, around from the headland, with Mark and Heather and Millie the dog, as we scattered her ashes in the wind, over the rocks and out to the sea.






































No comments: