Tuesday 27 December 2022

Thefts in Jerripedia

I see Jerripedia has again been stealing articles which I scanned and spent time and effort transcribing, partly by OCR but also by tidying the text as OCR is not 100% reliable. The author of the website, Mike Bisson, rather like Thomas Edison, never acknowledges the work of others or where he has pinched it from.

I always give the original author of the work (which Mike Bisson does), but he never acknowledges my work in transcribing it. I also track down various sources, for the articles, which also involves research.

Here are a few pieces which he has stolen from my blog in and posted up in 2022, and there are probably more.
  • A history of St Paul's Church
  • Edward Le Quesne's journal: Recollections of a 20th century politician
  • Jersey Airport 1937-1980
  • A history of All Saints Church
  • A history of the Baptist church in Jersey over two centuries
  • Gorey National School
I really wouldn't mind if thanks were given but it is not and instead he is parasitical on the hard work of others. I wonder how many other sites he has stolen from.

It is very disheartening when hours of work are cribbed in a matter of moments. 

This is not the first time I have cause to complain.

No comments: