Saturday 10 November 2012

Cider Way

Looking back over the Autumn, and Cider at Hamptonne, and a perfect day out...

Cider Way

Walking down the road, holding hand in hand
Through the granite entrance, excited day to be
Here is the Cider Fayre, apples from the land
There is a violin, my dear, play it now for me

The Morris men attired, ready for their dance
Cider apples ready, picked as fell from tree
You go to their leader, ask and take a chance
Taking his violin, my dear, play it now for me

Everyone is cheerful, the music fills the air
Morris men applaud you, ask for more to see
Such a merry jig, just right for Autumn Fayre
Music on the violin, my dear, play it now for me

This is a time of happiness, a lovely Autumn day
And memories of your violin, along the Cider way

(if you want another Hamptonne inspired poem, here is one from 2010:
http://tonymusings.blogspot.com/2010/10/cider-days.html)

No comments: