Saturday 10 February 2018

Farthest Shores












Influenced by Ursula K Le Guin, who died this month, here is a poem about another world which is in many ways a mirror of our own.

Darkest Shores

Dark is the vision, a sword in my heart
The dragons are soaring, I have but my art
My boat sails onwards, through the day and the night,
Both waking and sleeping, I seek out the light

There is wisdom in action, and wisdom in word
There is wisdom in listening, and all that I heard
In still of the night time, the day break of sun
And presence indwelling, both separate and one

The peoples in turmoil, in bloodshed they fight
All seeking to conquer, the pathways of might
Building their empire, but falling the tower
Great the destruction that comes from such power

Come to the grove, with blessings and praise
Seek patterns in old stones, now and always;
Compassion and sorrow, the call to the heart
For this is the one way, the magical art

Against the destruction, rejoice in the sun
Against the high tide, when no battle is won
Dance with great joy, that whatever befall
The spirit of love will spread out to all

No comments: