Saturday 22 July 2023

Arrivals














Arrivals

A busy airport where I nearly always pray:
Where some time arrival, sometime delay;
And I pray that it will be in on time
And not delayed, cancelled, which I’m
Always fearing. And so often sea fog
Rising from the coast, come to clog
Up all the schedules, how I hate it:
For I am impatient, I admit!
But today is a lucky day, plane lands
On time, people arrive, shake hands,
Hug, smile, cry, all the emotions here,
And I am so pleased, I could cheer;
The sportsman, rugsack on his back,
Ready for rain, old man in plastic mac,
A child, riding the luggage trolley,
A middle aged woman, smiling, jolly,
An old man, slow walking with a stick,
A young girl running ever so quick,
A smart suit and tie, now that’s vanity!
In they come, a sample of humanity;
Then my girl arrives, dear sweet heart,
Time to leave arrivals, and depart!

No comments: