Saturday 2 September 2023

Shockwave




A trip to the dentist. My dentist is fantastic, but I still feel terror building like a volcano about to erupt. I am not a brave person when my teeth need seeing to. Thank goodness my dentist speaks to me throughout, calming me down, telling me how well I am coping.

Shockwave

My blood pressure is surely high
As I sit back in the reclining chair
Terror consumes me; I cannot lie
Now builds a hurricane of fear

The drill bites deep into the tooth
I remember a phrase "change and decay"
Certainly the latter, that’s the truth
And I close my eyes, begin to pray

Gentle words of reassurance fall
Like gentle raindrops from the sky
I shake, so feeble, so very small
It is all over, it did not go awry

I trust my dentist, and I thank her
The terror gone, the hour a blur

No comments: