Sunday 27 March 2022

Voisins: A Past Times Snapshot



After my piece on Voisins, a correspondent got in touch to send me some photos they had from their private collection, and I thought it would be interesting (with their permission) to share them with a wider public. They probably date from the early 1980s.

For the history of Voisins, if you haven't read it, see the two blog postings:
There are also a few names missing, and I'll update this page if anyone can fill in the gaps.


Menswear and tailoring










"The main picture of people are Mrs Stebbings ( maybe one b)... Don Hows, menswear buyer, David Journeaux, not sure of the names of the next two men, then Mrs Gain, and Alan Lewis behind the two ladies, and I can't remember the names of the others."



"The two gentlemen in the tailoring dept are Ray Help on the left and Bill Walker on the right."











Stall in Rennes











They went to Rennes every year for buying stock.

No comments: