Saturday 22 June 2019

Midsummer Night's Magic
















This poem is about Midsummer and the special magic of that night, but it is also about reflecting on the past, and of grief and joy, of mourning and memory, and a time to take a walk in the darkness of the soul before the dawn comes.

Midsummer Night's Magic

Midsummer night, moonlight at my side
As bright day fades, a time of grief and pain;
Moonbeams caress, in gentleness provide
Memories of joy that yet will still remain
My soulmate lost, my best, my loving friend
In dead of night, a peace will never end

Midsummer night, dark walk I undertake
The country gone, the country of the past
But memory remains, of joy let nothing shake;
My sweet lost love, you shall be bright at last.
The starlight glimmers, a gentle breeze I know
Shining foam flecked waves, over sand below

Midsummer night, magic that will not depart
Despite the darkness and the tears
Redeemed is joy, the ever loving heart
Who comes to soothe my sorrow and my fears.
Such memories come, a treasure to repay
And will not be lost, or fade, or go away

Midsummer night, the planets hasten on
Jupiter rising, the Mighty King, the Lord
And soon, this night of magic will be gone
But not the memories, love's purest joys restored.
The dawn will break, when change and tears are past,
Until end of days, where we shall meet at last.

No comments: