Saturday 1 December 2012

Star Bright

A different poem this week; the theme is departures, saying goodbye, and keeping in touch, and I've used tropes from science fiction to contrast the personal farewell with the cosmic distance.

Star Bright

The Starliner is leaving now, engines roar
And I say my farewell to you, my dear
Last embrace, as you go through the door
And I weep as I see you disappear
 
I watch the shining stars so very bright
Know that you are there on distant land
Music of the spheres plays in the night
Stars countless beyond the grains of sand
 
The Starliner is leaving now, engines roar
Sorrow is parting, tears like rainfall flow
One day, you will return, of that I'm sure
Love burning bright in winter snow
 
A thousand parsecs is distant, no doubt
But hands across the universe reach out

No comments: