Saturday 11 June 2022

A Taste of Heaven




Today's poem is occasioned by a rather scrummy salad from Pat. I didn't mention the beetroot which you can see above or the cheese - I only had a limited number of words! And I don't drink wine any more but that's poetic licence!!

A Taste of Heaven

Mango and chicken, the taste divine
Jersey Royals, garlic mayo, avocado pear
And then perhaps also a little wine
A taste of heaven, I do swear

Salad days, when I was so very young
Lettuce, limp, doused in salad cream
Pickled onions, vinegary on my tongue
And over hard boiled eggs. A bad dream

Food these days has so much more taste
Vegetables boiled to death, terrible
Liver like leather soles. Oh what a waste!
Everything grilled. It was unbearable.

I remember enjoying watching Keith Floyd
Fun, irreverent, tasty, and filled that void

No comments: