Friday 3 May 2019

Lions Club Jersey - February 1971 - Part 2











My mother having a sort out of old bits and pieces came across a “Lions Club” magazine for Jersey, from February 1971, which has some interesting material in it. Here’s a selection and some of the advertising material: 





THE following letter has been received by the President from Mrs. Lagadu, the new House Mother at La Preference Vegetarian Home for Children. We believe that the children's letters will be read with interest by all members. 

Dear Mr. Stilwell.

Enclosed are some of the children's thank you letter and a fresh list of children and birthdays.

I would just like to thank you on behalf of the little ones who are not so good at writing letters and to thank you very much for choosing the present so carefully, they really were a big success.

Wishing you and your family a very happy New Year.
C. L. LAGADU (Mrs.)

Yours sincerely,
The Vegetarian Home for Children (Jersey, C.I.)
La Preference House,
St. Martin's Road,
St. Martin.
January 4th, 1971. 












Chitty, Chitty, Bang, Bang

Dear Uncle Leo. - Thank you for the Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang. I like those sort of cars. I played with it on Christmas Day. Did you have a nice Christmas? Thank you

Love

JOHN (aged 6). 
















A Spirograph

Dear Uncle Leo. - Thank you for the spirograph you gave me. I like the patterns it makes. Did you have a happy Christmas ? I did. I played with the spirograph on Christmas Day and everyone wanted to have a go. I hope you have a happy New Year.

Love

COLLIN (Aged 10).

Everyone was Shouting

Dear Uncle Leo. - Thank you very much for the slippers you gave me. I really needed a new pair. You should have seen what raggy things my others were. I love the colour and they're lovely and warm. Did you have a good Christmas, I hope so. We had a lovely time unwrapping presents and eating friut and nuts. Christmas morning was the nicest part of the day when we unwrapped our presents by the tree. Everyone was shouting and looking at their presents. Well, thank you once again for the slippers, they were really nice.

Love

CHARMAINE (Aged 15).

Face pushed in the Snow !

Dear Uncle Leo. - Thank you for the game you sent me. Linda showed me how to play it because I couldn't make out the instructions. On Christmas evening we played it but it went on for a long time and half past eleven I had to go. We had fun having snowball fights. Charmaine got her face pushed in the snow because she threw a snowball at Andy. I hope you had a happy Christmas.

From

FAY (Aged 13).

No comments: