I'm doing a look at our Parish deputies in St Brelade, in a follow up to the current stalled proposition by Constable Sadie Rennard in the States about pay, and asked the Deputies some questions about that, but I also thought it was a good occasion to widen the scope of my enquiry, and ask some extra questions about their work in the Parish.
They have very kindly found time to reply, and consented to this information being made public.
I make no comment on the replies; these questions and answers are purely to be informative. I have a very strict personal code of conduct on information supplied in this way, which should not be presented selectively or with spin of any sort. So here are just questions and answers, and nothing more. In fairness to the Deputies, I won't be allowing comments, but I will ask them any questions arising from comments.
Over the next three days, I'll be posting their responses, and I begin with Deputy Sean Power, as he was the first to reply.
1. Did you take the pay rise, or refuse it? I refused the pay rise and I am donating the same amount to Caring Hands. Therefore I am handing away or refusing £1,632.00.
2. If you took the pay rise, are you donating all of it to charity? If so, which charity/charities? Refused the pay rise, see above.
3. If you took the pay rise, and are donating it to charity/charities, will you continue to do so for this term of office? Refused the pay rise, see above.
4. Do you have parish surgeries? (If you can supply any details, that would be great)
Just agreed with Constable [Steve Pallett] and Montfort [Tadier]. 1st Friday of every month bar August at Communicare
5. Do you think Deputies should, if possible, be elected in the Parish in which they are living (at the time of election)?
Many Deputies do not live in their electoral district such as Bob Hill and were returned many times. It is preferable but a moot point
6. What do you think are the most important Parish issues that need addressing? (only reply if you have time)
Construction of a new Quennevais school, H1 and H3 housing out west, parking in Quennevais Park and Clos des Sable, parking in St Aubin under one statutory authority such as the Parish, neighbourhood disputes, static cars and vans parked for months at a time on estates and Parish roads.
7. Do you try and attend notable public Parish events? (e.g. Jubilee celebrations last year, Christmas celebrations at St Aubin)
8. Do you communicate with the Constable on a regular basis, or an ad hoc basis?
Yes with this Constable . Not with previous.
9. Do you communicate with your fellow Deputies on a regular basis, or an ad hoc basis?
10. Can I make this information public?
Sandra Buckley - Skydive Jersey - April and May 2018 - Sandra's Skydive started on 22 April 2018 with training and preparation at the Jersey Aero Club HQ but the jump was called off due to low cloud/mist... Th...
13 hours ago