Saturday 23 May 2015

The Final Phase












The Final Phase

A great darkness within the mind
Down into the abyss, so blind
Falling, falling, ever down I fall
And as I descend, a fading call
Ill met in the dark, I try to cope
In absence of light, where is hope
And did the lore of Peln find a way
Roots deep within the earth, they say
And in stone, a cavern, dark embrace
Where the gods speak to us face to face
Shadows of the hunters, a primal past
Long dead bones, but a spirit to last
Infuse the earth with ancient rite
In the darkness, where there is no light
Paintings on the walls, they left a sign
Of where they chanted, of their shrine
Outside to the cave mouth, I flee
Breaking on the rocks, the sea
Couch grass in the breeze is blowing
And I know now where I am going
The far and distant shore awaits
And there a Summoner at the gates
The ship sets sail, across the waves
Leaving far behind those stony graves
Into the mist, waters lapping on wood
The Summoner beckons, in cloak and hood
Light promised so much, but in the end
All breaks apart, and no one can mend
Darkness brings peace, the dying breath
The darkest wine, the sweetest death.

No comments: